Stress in Professional Life
“My Job is killing me” we all have said it once in life, or perhaps heard others say it.
According to a poll, 50 percent of the people feel stressed at their work place.
This course is targeted at people who feel stressed at their workplace .And they are experiencing the negative effects of stress on their mental and physical health. This course is formulated to help people overcome physical effects of stress such as back pain, neck pain, high blood pressure and a compromised immune system. The course contains simple practices for relaxing all the major tension areas.
Identify what causes you stress at work place.
Learn relaxation techniques to avoid stress at office.
Be able to manage time, reduce stress and increase professional productivity.
Study how to manage your time more effectively by prioritizing work and life commitments.
Become more organized in your daily routine. .
How to avoid interruptions during your work day that prevent you from meeting your deadlines.
Stress is not a decision but how we react to stress is solely our decision. Work place is one of the single most preventable conditions but if left unaddressed it can manifest itself into chronic mental and physical health problems. The causes of stress at work place can be identified as :
• Constant criticism from others no appreciation
• Work load, failures to meet deadlines.
• Being not happy with you Salary or Job description.
• A Bad-repute and relation with co-workers
• Workplace environment.
As an employer it is your moral and legal duty to prevent your employees from suffering from work related stress .Work place stress is a cause of concern to organizations as it can reduce productivity of the employees.
To manage Stress at Workplace you should adopt the following techniques:
• You can manage and save your time , by doing first things first .Prioritize your work and life commitments . Identify the tasks that have a potential to cause stress to you . Try to spend more time on it .
• Become organized in your daily routine. When doing one particular task avoid shifting to next without completing the first one . Take help of things that can help you stay organized like planners, things to do list etc. .
• Avoid interruptions during your work day. If you have a certain task to complete, avoid answering phones, responding to emails and being called away from your work.
• Speak up, try to share what you feel . Don’t keep it within you . If your salary or work environment bothers you try talking to your employers so that you can find a solution .
• Don’t exhaust yourself. Even machines need to take a break . Take out some time , relax and enjoy for some time . Take short breaks during your work . This would make you more effective and productive.
Take a test to find out if you are undergoing workplace stress.